Get My Dog To Stop Barking - A Guide On How To Make A Dog Stop Barking

Like most dog owners, you are asking what do I do to get my dog to stop barking? There are many techniques on how to make a dog stop barking. As an owner of a pet myself, I tried everything to get my dog to stop barking. The traditional methods seemed to work for a limited time, but after a while the dog just went back to its old habits. Since I really wanted to get my dog to stop barking I went on the search to find how to make a dog stop barking. If you are a concerned dog owner such as myself, you will be asking these questions. There are many solutions, and these will be covered in turn.

Firstly, there are various dog collars and sprays which can be used. Unfortunately, if your dog is older these may not be as effective as training your dog when it is young. The most important part of how to make a dog stop barking is training your dog. Although sprays may work in certain situations it does not avoid the underlying problems such as dog anxiety which causes the barking problems.

Secondly, you can send your dog to obedience training. This can vary in effectiveness and can be costly for many people, I didn’t use this to get my dog to stop barking, but many have. If you have a puppy it is most effective, and most of these obedience classes are designed for young dogs. There are cheaper classes for puppies, sometimes referred to as “puppy preschools” where you and your dog go and learn the basics of obedience training and pet socialization (including how to make a dog stop barking) which often prevents problems such as barking happening later down the track. If you have an older dog sometimes you will need specialized obedience classes for problem dogs; these are likely to cost more money and be a lot more straining on your and your pets time, particularly when you are trying to address how to make a dog stop barking.

Third and finally, you can undertake the obedience training yourself. This is what I did to get my dog to stop barking. This is by far the most effective way as unlike obedience training which often leaves you out of the picture, if you do the obedience training yourself, you will be the one the dog listens to when you are trying to make a dog stop barking. Getting the knowledge to get my dog to stop barking was simple, I used a guide I purchased on the internet, but there are many paths that you can take to train your own dog. In the end, this is the cheapest, most effective and amazingly, the least time consuming of the lot. I have bred dogs for years and used various methods, but now all I do is train my own dogs with a few proven techniques provided by experts.

If you are ever asking how do I get my dog to stop barking, next time consider some simple training steps, it will save you the time, hassle and money; and in my experience is the best method out there.

Want to know how I stopped my dog barking in 10 minutes? Read My Dog Training Tip and learn about my favorite Dog Training Book at http://trainyourdoggie.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jane_MacKenzie

Labels:

Posted by mbuhlah, Monday, March 31, 2008 5:18 AM

0 Comments:

<< Home | << Add a comment